Sunday, July 25, 2010

A little spirit.

Today in Relief Society meeting the teacher brought up the Holy Ghost. She told of a friend who did not recognize feeling the Holy Ghost and asked us to bring up ideas to help our children recognize it. Different sisters brought up different ideas.
Tonight after we were done reading our scriptures I brought it up to the kids. We were talking about it. I asked the kids if they had ever felt it. Preston said he had when his Mom in Heaven died. He said, "It told me it would all be okay and not to cry". That Preston, he has a special little spirit about him. From what Jon has told me about the experience it sounds like Heidi's spirit hang around for a little while. Preston would tell his dad things she told him. He was just a two and a half year old little boy.
On another note. Preston is a little sick today. He was laying on the couch and Pyper went up to him and started rubbing his head and touching his face. She was saying his name. I stopped her so she would not catch what I think might be strep throught. She was just about to kiss him. Both of them were puckered up. Later Preston told me, "mom, that Pyper is just a cutie." I have to agree. All of my kids are.

3 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

Awwwwww. So sweet

Jeremy Reynolds Family said...

Oh my. That is the sweetest story about him and his Mom in Heaven. I have a 2 1/2 year old and I couldn't imagine him going through that and remembering it. The Holy Ghost truly is real and amazing!!

Hopie said...

I love The Spirit!!!